Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Oh BLOG how I've missed you!

To anyone that has been keeping up with my blog.
To those of you that have been so supportive.
To any person that found some small comfort in my blog just by knowing that they are not alone in the frustration that is weight loss.

I'm sorry.

I haven't given up. But I'm sorry for my absence. I want to let you all in to my world of the last few weeks. For one, I've been working like crazy. I don't think I've ever waitressed 40 hours a week until this last week. Between being on the move for so many hours each day, and not eating during working hours (or after, when I get out late), I've still been shedding pounds. However, the whole "healthy eating" aspect of my life has been challenged, to say the least. When I am home, I'm rarely in the mood for cooking. I love cooking but these days if I'm home, I don't want to be on my feet. Other than work, there's this other challenge with eating healthy that I was dealing with recently. It's a woman's challenge; it arrives (for me) every 26-28 days. I'll give you some hints.

I had the tears of a disappointed uterus.
My body had to reboot the Ovarian Operating System.

You get the idea. The effect that my bad case of the monthlies has on my appetite is undeniable and it is practically futile to deny it. The impact goes beyond the physical. It's not just a desire for chocolate or bread or pasta (or graham crackers). That is present, of course, but it is accompanied by a mental shift. My brain literally turns against me and has no trouble at all convincing me that this is an ok time to eat this or that.

So here I am, finally feeling like my hormones are back in balance. And it's like I have to start over with building good habits. The good thing is, it's less daunting and more exciting to think about eating healthy this time around than it was in the very very beginning. I think because I know it will make me feel good and I will see the pounds drop quickly. However it will take more effort this time around because I'm working more often.

No matter what day of the week or week of the month or month of the year it is, it all comes down to choices. And accepting the consequences of those choices. Like I said, for me the pounds are still dropping. I've lost a total of 9.6 pounds in the last month! But I've noticed a significant slow-down in the weight loss and I know eventually it will halt or I will start gaining if I don't get back on track. I'm off work today so it's healthy eats day.

In other, non-diet related news, I've decided to return to school for my Master's starting in January for the spring semester. I was considering going back in the fall but things didn't pan out quite like I'd hoped so I'll spend the next few months paying off credit cards and student loans before taking out even more. Eek! Can't wait to get back into the swing of it, though. I love CSU's College of Urban Affairs;  I'll be going for my Master's in Public Administration.

I'm going to try not to let a full week go by without a new post. I'm typically off on Wednesdays so I'll do my best to write a post at least every Wednesday. Toodles and kisses, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Maria! I'll be at CSU next year as well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I'm reading and laughing (with you, of course). You're wit is spectacular. Keep it up, my friend.

    ReplyDelete