Sunday, July 15, 2012

Catching Up

Hello friends. Sorry for the neglect. I've had family in from out of town so my schedule has been a little shifty. So have my eating habits, but nothing too horrible. And I will confess everything in full.

Thursday's training was great because we actually didn't eat anything from the restaurant. I did end up indulging in some delicious (albeit fatty) beef stew that evening but I kept my portion small and was very satisfied. I may or may not have had some wine that night. I literally don't remember. Mommy brain.

Friday was my final day of training at the restaurant. It was the day to taste entrees and desserts. And I learned something about myself. The only way to avoid eating chocolate is to avoid being in the same room as chocolate. I took one bite of each of three entrees. Then I took one bite each of five (yes FIVE) desserts. One of these desserts was devil's food cake topped with chocolate ganache, covered in espresso cream, then topped with another touch of ganache, a dollop of ice cream, drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauce, then finished with miniature chocolate chips. I took a bite. I didn't taste the ganache, so I took another bite to try and find some. Then someone mentioned how tasty it is when the cake is warm. I couldn't remember if the cake was warm, so I took another bite to find out. Then I stopped making up excuses and just kept eating it. I must have eaten half the thing. About 300 calories. Not that I was counting that day, but to ignore the number would be too passive. Regardless, I loved it and enjoyed every bite and just remained mindful the rest of the day to drink extra extra water and be good the rest of the night.

The next morning (Saturday) my weight was exactly the same. Better than I was expecting- I figured I would have weighed in at half a pound more or so. Anyway, it was my first day off from the restaurant since the previous Sunday. I got back into my healthy oatmeal breakfast routine, along with coffee and cream. When I got hungry mid-day I snacked on celery and Smart Balance peanut butter. At some point I snacked on a graham cracker or 2. I've noticed that when I don't sleep well, I don't eat well. Probably just that I'm lazy and don't feel like cooking. All the more reason to plan ahead and have healthy food on hand. For dinner, I was invited to a cookout. On the menu was barbecue beef spare ribs, but my host was kind enough to accomodate to my diet and made me a steak. Still not the healthiest option but at least it wasn't covered in sugar-laden BBQ sauce. I made quinoa for the side. My mistake at dinner wasn't so much my choice in food, but my choice to continue eating past my level of satiation. Oh, and this time I remember: I definitely had some wine.

I was not surprised when my weight went up a tad this morning. Nor was I hard on myself. I know I slacked off this weekend for a number of reasons, but I also know that if I get back into the right way of doing things, I can continue making forward (or regarding the scale, downward) progress.

Pats on my back
I went to the movies Friday night and didn't eat any popcorn or drink any pop.
Stopped at Bar Louie after the movie for a glass of wine and didn't order any food, even though the kitchen was open and the menu looked pretty fabulous.
Some lady referred to me as "tiny."

Reminders
Write down little accomplishments as they happen so I don't forget!
Don't buy chocolate.
Get back to tracking calories.
Keep blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment